Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tyranid Prime part 2

Wow, that was frustrating...

I had some different fun with this chap and found that it wasn't exactly the walk in the park that I envisioned it to be. It took some practise to get the pinning down.  The biggest challenge I had was drilling the hole in the arm in the right place, so that it went on the right way.  The left arm actually has two holes drilled into it, which became one big hole.  That hole ended up being packed with greenstuff and the arm being glued in place.

But here he is, in all his primeyness.  A Prime primed in Army Painter's Skeleton Bone spray.  Actually, it has a base coat of Dupli-Colour auto primer to get some grip on the metal.  Didn't turn out too badly for a first attempt.  He's on the shelf now waiting for me to start the next part - blocking in the reds.

 

 

I'm not sure that I'm taking commissions yet but if you wanna talk, drop me a line! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment