Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Swarmlord part 3

Not much to say today, short of showing you the pictures of the completed Swarmlord construction.



Somehow the way the arms "sat" changed, and I had to fiddle with them again to find something I was happy with. I still think it's a natural, challenging stance.  The addition of the second tail end makes it more animated, and I'm quite satisfied with the overall look of the piece. Once it's painted I will be adding the dead Ultramarine to the base. Just so my Dark Angels can point and laugh.



Of course, teh peepl on teh interwebz are now saying that there's a plastic Hive Tyrant kit coming with wings and Swarmlord options coming in the Nids second wave.  As always I take anything from Warguesser or Dakka with a bag of salt. Even if it were true I'll stick with the model I have, although I'd certainly buy the kit to build a Flyrant, which would use a gargoyle brood for ablative wounds.


Of course the next part of the adventure is to prime and basecoat this bad boy, after the greenstuff has had sufficient time to set up hard.  The superglue does help that along the way but I'll be happy to leave it in a warm dry place until it's done.  In the meantime I have a Tyrant Guard brood to work on - I've actually thought about greenstuffing tuxedos onto them as they seem to be working as his muscle monkeys.  But that's just silly...  Also on the build list are a pair of Zoanthropes and a pair of broodlords.  Though, I should get my Fortress of Redemption painted too.  Until next time, Superfriends!

No comments:

Post a Comment